About Baidyanath Roupya Bhasama
Roupya Bhasma or Rajat Bhasama is an Ayurvedic metallic preparation of Roupya or Silver. Silver is commonly known as chandi and rajat. Roupya Bhasma is ash or oxide of silver and used in various diseases related to nervous system and brain weakness. It is also indicated in burning sensation in body, deranges vata and pitta, prameha, fever, debility, skin diseases etc. The appearance of Roupya Bhasma is greyish-black amorphous powder.
In lab qualitative and quantitative analysis gave this composition, Silver metallic 69.67%, Sulphur 14.805%, Ferric oxide Fe203 7.830%, Alumina (Al2O3) 2.25 %, cupric oxide (CuO) 0.89 %, Phosphate (P203) 1.08 %, Silica (SiO2) 1.160% , Lime (CaO) 0.88 % , Potash (K20) 0.141% , Soda (Na2O3 ) 0.054%, Sulphuric anhydride (S03) 0.935%, Moisture and other constituents 0.304
Preparation of Baidyanath Roupya Bhasma
- For purification and reduction of silver, different methods are used. Some of them are as follows.
- Silver is ?purified? for preparing ash by melting with lead and borax.
- Thin sheets of silver are heated to redness and steeped thrice in oil, whey, kanji, cow?s urine, and extract of Kulatha Kalai (Dolichos uniflorus).
- The metal thus ?purified? is suitable for entering into the composition of medicinal preparations.
- The sheets of purified silver are smeared with Kajjli (two parts of sulphur and one part of mercury), ground with the juice of Jambeer (Citrus acida). It is then heated in Gajaput. The product thus obtained is called Roupya Bhasma or reduced silver.
- Silver sheets as purified above are cut into small pieces and powdered with equal quantity of mercury. It is pounded with juice of Citrus medica and subjected to the process of roasting known as Putapak. By repeating the process thrice pure ?ashes? of silver may be obtained.
Indications of Baidyanath Roupya Bhasma
- Burning sensation in body
- Mental weakness
- Dry cough, Fever
- Eye diseases
- Improving male potency and fertility
- Neuralgia/pain in a nerve pathway
- Memory loss
Dosage of Baidyanath Roupya Bhasma
1 ratti (=0.12125 gram) or 125 mg twice a day with honey, ghee, milk cream, butter, misri etc.
This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous. Overdosage may cause severe side effects. It should be very carefully used during pregnancy, lactation and in children, only if found very necessary by the prescribing doctor. Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor. Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.